background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Here There be Dragons

I've been making very small needle-felted and beaded dragons for a while now and have sold several on my Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarangus?ref=pr_shop_more). I always seem to make a bunch at a time when the mood strikes me, and the last week and a half the dragon mood struck again!
Here are the three that I finished recently:

The first one is called Ivy, it's one of the smallest I've made; but it has a very long tail, the end of which is in the shape of an English ivy leaf.
The second is named Lavender. This one is bigger overall and has larger wings.
The third is a sea dragon. It has a really cute face- a lot like a seahorse, if a seahorse had little ears.


Here are some that I made a while ago but are still available for sale:
 The one above is named Ember. As you can see it's a wee dragon that could easily fit into a pocket!

 This one is called Rain. I don't think that the pictures I took do if justice, so I'll be taking new ones soon.

And this one is Sky. It's made with roving that has swirls of lilac-purple wool mixed in with the light blue- I LOVE this roving!



And here are some that I've sold. Of course, I could make similar ones if anyone is interested (actually I can make a dragon in almost any color or combination of colors if anyone wanted...).

 This is Leaf. The first dragon that I ever made.


 This one is called sand. It's made with local, undyed alpaca wool so it's very soft.
 Snow was made from a mixture of rabbit angora and baby alpaca- oh so soft!

Stone was a special order for the same person who bought Snow. It has real (very small) quarts crystal fingers on its forehead and at the wing joints.                                                                                 

No comments: