background

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas presents


I know that it's been a while since I've posted anything; most of my time and energy lately has gone into making Christmas presents for my friends and family. Of course I didn't want to post pictures of these until after they were received by their intended recipients!

I'll start with two of the presents that I made for one of my sister-in-laws. The first is a set of wool coasters, complete with an extra-large coaster for a pitcher of cold drinks or a teapot. These were made using a combination of wet-felting and needle-felting to get the right shape and density.




  

















Next is a tea cozy made primarily of mohair. This I knitted flat into a rectangle, then I used the same mohair yarn to sew up the sides, leaving spaces for the spout and handle of the teapotAfter that I wet-felted the cozy to shrink it a bit.






I then made flowers using several shades purple and green ribbon- both satin and grosgrain- and sewed a different type of white button into the center of each flower.

I'll post more presents soon!

No comments: