background

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Presents 2012

I didn't make as many Christmas presents this year, but I think that the ones I did make turned out well. One of my sister-in-laws, my mom, and my cat Rory all got knitted projects out of some wonderful lavender mohair yarn that I got at a resale store (MAJOR score!). Of course, I neglected to take pictures of them before I gave them away...

I did, however, take pictures of some of the other gifts I made!

My sister and mom received needle-felted projects; for my mom I made a little felted version of Bonnie kitten (who she's totally in love with).

I made a mermaid to add to my sister's collection, and a shadowbox to go with it.

Here's another view of the box:

And a view of the back of the doll. I made her hair from pieces of my first attempt at spinning (it didn't go very well, but I saved the half-spun roving for just such a project).

I made a very cozy little quilt out of cotton flannel for the cats (it's the size of a throw blanket). The colors aren't ones that I would normally choose, but one of the fabrics had lucky cats all over it and I couldn't resist building the whole quilt around it- the blanket IS for the cats, after all! 
Here's Bonnie enjoying it:


I also made a little Harry Potter for someone I know who's a huge fan. 

Of course I'd never sell little Harry Potters in my Etsy store because of copyright infringement, but it turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!

No comments: